Iain McGilchrist is a psychiatrist and author of The Master and His Emissary and The Matter with Things. In the episode we discuss:
- The differences between the left and right brain hemispheres and how they shape your perspective
- The 4 pathways to understanding - science, reason, intuition & imagination
- How the big problems we face including the assault on Nature, destruction of Culture are all related
We also talk about the significance of morality and the intersection of science and religion.
Andrew Warner is an entrepreneur, author and the founder of Mixergy, a platform for interviewing the world’s top founders. In this episode we discuss:
- Andrew’s techniques for learning anything from anyone, based on 2000+ interviews
- How to interrupt someone, ask tough questions and rescue bad conversations
- Strategies for building a thriving content business around interviews
We also discuss how Andrew improved his interviewing over time, what he learned from some of his interviewing heroes like Charlie Rose and the key mistakes to avoid for new interviewers.
Demetri Kofinas is a media entrepreneur, financial analyst and the host of the Hidden Forces Podcast. In this episode we discuss:
- The key events that shaped the modern world including 9/11 and the 2008 Financial Crisis
- The rise of ‘financial nihilism’ and how it’s playing out in asset markets including crypto
- How to build a profitable media business with integrity in a post truth world
We also talk about Demetri’s recovery from a brain tumour that almost completely wiped his memory, the pros and cons of the different forms of media & the power of memes in crypto.