Tiago Forte helps people and companies improve their productivity and prepare for the future of work using design thinking and technology.
He does this through his consultancy and training firm Forte Labs, and as editor of Praxis, a members-only online publication on the future of productivity.
He has also produced a series of highly successful online courses on productivity and has written a book on the future of work.
In this conversation we get into:
- The fundamental pillars of a great note taking system
- How design thinking can be used to improve your productivity
- The actions you can take to prepare yourself for the future of work
So whether you’re looking to finally get organised in 2018 or want to future proof your career, this episode will give you plenty of awesome insights that you can apply right away.
We all want to be perfect at anything we learn but these expectations are unhelpful and can leave us in a state of paralysis. In this short episode, we discuss:
- Why perfectionism hurts learning, and the rare cases it helps
- The difference between high general expectations and low specific expectations
- Simple strategies to overcome perfectionism
So whether you're looking to overcome perfectionism or find your balance between ambition and slacking, this episode will give you all you need and more.
Many of us in the West have accepted the belief that productivity and efficiency are the foundations for success and happiness but that's not always true. In this episode, we discuss:
- The problems with worshipping at the altar of productivity
- The importance of constraints for the creative process
- How to balance productivity and creativity
So whether you're curious about productivity, want to cultivate more creativity or want to balance these forces in your life, this episode has you covered.
Alexis is a transformative coach who works with TV personalities, CEOs and award winning authors through his coaching business, the Live Life in Full Colour Project. He also has 10 years of experience in the British Army where he worked as a communications specialist and fitness instructor.
In this conversation we discuss a range of topics including:
- The strategies Alexis used to rapidly pick up skills in the army, including everything from combat training to jumping out of planes
- How to learn by doing and the link between motivation and habit creation
- The techniques Alexis uses with his clients to promote behaviour change
So whether you're looking to learn a new physical skill, remove the obstacle of low motivation or permanently change your behaviour, this episode will give you strategies to achieve all that and much more.