Martin Schmalz is an Associate Professor of Finance at Oxford’s Saïd Business School. He is also the co-author of the book The Business of Big Data: How to Create Lasting Value in the Age of AI. In this episode we discuss:
- The mainstream narrative around AI and what you actually need to know
- The uniquely human skills you should be developing to thrive in a world with AI
- How the business of big data affects your privacy and what to do about it
Regardless of your understanding of AI, this episode will give you a lot to chew on and get you thinking critically about the way you learn and live with technology.
Alex Dunsdon is an Investment Partner at Saatchi Invest, Chief of Staff at e-commerce platform RedBrain and all-round curious person. In this episode, the main theme is the overlap between understanding your self and doing great work. We discuss:
- Alex’s recent career shift and the personal realisations behind it
- My experience in the last year and what I’ve learned about how I work
- The power of imagination and why ideas rule the world
This conversation will be really useful if you’re looking to make a career change but even if you’re happy with what you’re doing there’s loads of great insights that will help you do better work and question the world around you.