George Spencer is the founder of Rentify an online letting agent disrupting the property rental market. In this conversation we discuss:
- How George learned enough about the property market to disrupt it
- How to develop core business skills including raising money and hiring
- The most common media myths about entrepreneurship
So whether you’re looking to build business skills or understand how to leverage tech to disrupt inefficient markets this episode has you covered.
Play is one of the most heavily neglected aspects of learning something new. In this episode, we discuss:
- How to find a balance between play and hard work
- How effective gamification is in improving the learning process
- How to reframe whatever you’re doing to make it more enjoyable
So whether you’re looking to make your learning more fun or you want to learn more about gamification, this episode will give you all that and more.
Rajeeb Day is a serial entrepreneur and the founder of Learnerbly a content platform that helps businesses develop their people better. In this conversation we discuss:
- The current state of the corporate L&D market
- What Raj picked up from interviewing over 100 learning experts
- Raj’s lessons about entrepreneurship from building 3 successful businesses
Whatever size business you work in this episode will give you some great insights into how you can learn better at work.
In this episode we discuss the major learning problems people face, which can be broken down into 5 main areas:
1) Not getting started
2) Not getting momentum
3) Burning out and giving up
4) Plateauing and losing interest
5) Integrating skills into your life
So whether you're looking to get over the first hurdle of getting started or just want to comfortably integrate a new skill you’ve learned into your life, this episode has you covered.
Gabriel Wyner is an author, ex opera singer and the founder of the Fluent Forever language learning method. In this conversation, we discuss:
- The three pillars of the Fluent Forever language learning system
- The process Gabe uses to maintain the languages he speaks
- How learning languages can help you gain a better understanding of yourself
So whether you’re looking to pick up a new language or dive into an immersion this episode will give you all that and more.
Virtual reality has the potential to change learning and education immeasurably and so it’s important that we engage critically with the technology. In this episode we discuss:
- The current state of VR in learning and where it’s likely to go
- The disadvantages of VR that we need to guard against
- The potential benefits of using VR to learn motor skills
So whether you're looking to understand more about VR or prepare yourself for what’s to come this episode will give you all you need and more.
Jo Cruse is the CEO of The Unreasonables, which delivers leadership programmes to the UK”s top schools. In this conversation we discuss:
- The most important skills young people need to develop in the 21st century
- The lessons Jo learned about entrepreneurship on her travels
- The tradeoff between social impact and the bottom line in business
So whether you’re looking to arm yourself for the 21st century or build a business with a social impact, this episode will give you all that and more.
Deliberate practice isn't just doing something repeatedly – when done properly, it’s a little more complicated. In this episode we discuss:
- How to manage the tradeoff between quantity and quality of practice
- How to reflect on your progress to calibrate accurately
- How to build learning habits so that practicing becomes automatic
So whether you're looking to play an instrument or pick up a sport this episode will give you the ideas you need to structure your learning and get practicing now!
Robert Twigger is a bestselling author who has written books on everything from accelerated learning to studying martial arts. In this conversation we discuss:
- The process of using micromastery to learn new skills quickly and enjoyably
- The difference between the Eastern and Western philosophies of learning
- How to learn about yourself and the world through travel and adventure
So whether you’re looking to pick up new skills or start new adventures, this episode will give you all that and more.